As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Friday, June 7, 2013

Chicken Crossing Sign

Have I mentioned that we have chickens?  22 of them!  Our house and the chicken coop are at the back of the property, so we recently started letting them free range.  They are very happy chickens now!

Our friends and family know to watch out for chickens on the drive way, but I wanted to warn the UPS and mail drivers and anyone else who wanders back the drive way.

Somehow an old metal no smoking sign made its way in to my craft room.  I think I was going to make a magnet board out of it, but needless to say, that didn't get done.

I had some bright yellow spray paint, so I painted the sign yellow and added vinyl.  The vinyl was scrap from other projects.

So my total cost was FREE!  Oh, how I love free!



My adorable new Chicken Crossing sign!  I feel better knowing that my girls will be safe against big bad UPS trucks and rogue cars traveling the driveway.  

PS - I was going to make it say "SLOW chicken crossing" but I didn't want anyone thinking our chickens were slow.  They aren't the brightest crayon in the box, but they do know what the food bucket is!

Sweet Benanna & Sam
The Humble Brag Link Party

3 comments:

  1. How cute! My husband will go nuts when he see this. We are newly chicken parents and we are crazy about them.

    Brenna
    http://lifeafterlaundry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so much fun to watch! We call it watching chicken TV lol

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! I thought it was a pun when I first saw it! But you actually have chickens! My worst nightmare but my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete